Project - Blade Runner Spinner
Blade Runner is one of my favourite films and is full of wonderful imagery. Lots of people have modelled the famous Police Spinner - I wanted to go through the process of modelling my own.
- 30 Sep 2006 - Completion: 98%
- Created a tiled backdrop for rendering
- I need to do some extensive experiments with lighting and shadows in yafray - my first test render with the spinner lights switched 'on' took 17 hours and didn't render properly!
- It could be some time before I post the final renders
- 29 Sep 2006 - Completion: 98%
- Added further detail and glass material to roof lights
- Spent several hours tweeking some of the decal textures to fix warping issues
- I've just got to tidy up some of the decal textures and tweak the material settings for glass and metals
- I might also add some bump-mapping to some of the textures
- A couple of 'high quality' rendering sessions will complete the project
- 27 Sep 2006 - Completion: 94%
- Put treads on tyres and enhanced the wheels
- Added decals to wheel covers
- Just the lights and basic interior to complete
- 25 Sep 2006 - Completion: 90%
- Picked up again for the final time (hopefully)
- Applied most of the decals
- Still got the wheels, wheel covers, lights and (basic) interior to finish
- Apr 2005 - Completion: 80%
- I keep shelving this project leaving it for several months and then picking it up again
- I've added a basic interior but have decided that I'm going to leave the interior, add decals, produce final renders and leave the project in that state
- Who knows when that will be...
Just a few tests for progress...